Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Street Fighter 2010 (1990)

                                                                               
I'm going to be honest here, THIS is probably my favorite thing related to Street Fighter... and it's barely related to Street Fighter as it is. I personally don't really like fighting games, although I can get some enjoyment out of Street Fighter, even though I suck royally at the games which is mostly why I don't really care for fighting games. Also heres another shocker, the only Mortal Kombat game I ever played was that N64 game, and it was only for a few minutes at Zellers because I was bored... and it didn't really stop me from being bored.

                                                                              
I find this game to be incredibly fun, but it takes some time to get used to how your character moves. Once you get the hang of the controls down pat I really think you'll have a good time playing this game. Everything else about it is good. It's somewhat unique for a platformer (some levels are just boss fights. Some are incredibly long and hard. It's like a surprise in every level. I love surprises!) The graphics are great, the music is pretty good, but not up to usual Capcom standards in my mind.

Most people will complain about how hard this game is, and honestly I don't think it's that hard. I beat it after putting about a weeks worth of effort into the game. It's really not that tough, sure it's hard at first, but once you get the hang of the controls it becomes a lot easier. This is a game that's not as hard as most people say. It's not easy, but I don't agree with everyone else who says its one of the hardest games on the NES. This game ain't got shit on Battletoads or Adventure Island, son.

I think that you should give Street Fighter 2010 a shot. It's a pretty good game with a fair challenge  and will keep you entertained for a decent amount of time, and has some pretty good replay value. A true somewhat-underrated gem of a NES game.

No comments:

Post a Comment