Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Nemo: The Dream Master (1990)

                                                                               
I think Capcom may have been the greatest developer for the NES. In fact, I think they may have beaten Nintendo at their own game. I'm sure people will be like HOW DARE YOU, Well I'm sure they would be if they actually visited this terrible terrible blog, but enough about that. There are games made by Nintendo that I just do not like. Games I feel are terrible. Like Baseball and most of their early sports titles. The games that barely beat out Atari 2600 games, and I feel every other company made a game I absolutely hated, Konami, Vic Tokai, Sunsoft, Taito. Doesn't matter which, they made a goddamn stinker. I don't think there's one Capcom game I didn't hate.  Wait. I just remembered 1942. And Commando. And Section Z. And the NES version of Ghost N Goblins. OK, so they did make some bad games but fuck you they still kicked ass.

                                                                                     

This game is a perfect example of how much ass Capcom kicked. Little Nemo: The Dream Master was based off a animated movie from japan I haven't seen in about 15 years WHICH in turn was based off a comic strip from the beginning of the 20th Century, and it kicks god damn ass. So much god damn ass.
The game has a incredibly fun mechanic, where you feed animals candy and you can then TAKE OVER THEIR SOULS, and each animal does a different thing. Like moles will dig in dirt and crabs will swim. This mechanic really makes the game shine.

Everything about this game is great, honestly. The levels are big and fun to search, the graphics are fantastic. The music is pretty damn good. The only flaw I can think off is the uneven difficulty. The game is incredibly easy during the first like 8 stages and than becomes incredibly hard during the last stage. I know last stages are supposed to be incredibly hard, but I felt it was a bit too hard mostly because of one very evil jump. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, of course thats one very very very minor complaint about an excellent game.

All I have to say is Little Nemo is an excellent game and must be purchased by anyone who enjoys NES games.

2 comments:

  1. Now talk about how you WEAR THE ANIMALS' SKIN.

    Seriously though I agree, this game kicks enough ass to break your jaw if you looked at it funny.

    ReplyDelete