Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kabuki: Quantum Fighter (1990)

                                                                               
When I originally decided to review this game, I had planned to talk about Hal America, the american offshoot of Hal Labs, which was a pretty good if underrated company, however I gotta save that opening for the Air Fortress review because I found out that they didn't make this game. So thanks a lot Kabuki Quantum Fighter (which was just published by Hal and developed by Human Entertainment... I don't know anything about them except that they also made Gilligans Island and Monster Party for the NES. Yes, there was a Gilligans Island game. No, you probably won't like it. I'm pretty sure the only person who liked that game is me. I like a lot of not so good games.)

                                                                                     

The game takes place inside a computer of some sort. You play as Scott O'Connell who when is put in the computer becomes a Kabuki because his ancestors were Kabuki. So Scott is a Irish Japanese fellow... that's an interesting mix (Kabuki is some kind of japanese dancing shit. I don't know. This isn't a goddamn Kabuki blog.) So he has to go inside the computer and stop the evil virus. The plot is pretty stupid but you already know how I feel about NES plots (98% of them were retarded as fucking hell)

This game is a lot like Batman or Ninja Gaiden, except so much easier. So if you are a giant wussy who can't beat Ninja Gaiden (hi Damien) you could probably put this game in its place. That's probably this games only flaw in my mind, It's a bit on the easy side (although it seems a lot of people think this game is hard. So who knows maybe you will too) The graphics are pretty good. the music was also pretty good. The gameplay is similar to other games but it is still pretty good.

This is one of the many totally awesome sidescrollers for the NES, so if you enjoy sidescrollers you should check this game out. Plus you get to hit dudes with your hair. HOW COOL IS THAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment