Saturday, October 23, 2010

Spider-Woman #33 (1980)

                                                                               
I'm going to be quite honest here, you know there hasn't been a review in a game in about 3 days now and I usually update regularly. I tried my hardest to keep October a month for Halloween-based games, but to be honest, I'm not totally up to talking about those games. I'll try to do some more but for right now I'm taking a short break to talk about yet another comic book. Today's comic Spider Woman #33, from 1980, which is totally the greatest issue they wrote for her original series, but to be fair, most of them were kinda lame and not really worth the dollar I paid for them, and if I wasn't an insane man who had to own every issue of a series once he gets just one I would probably get rid of most of them. Not really the worst stories ever told in a comic book format, but not really most of the memorable ones.

Spider Woman herself was actually a pretty decent character. At least the original Jessica Drew was, I have no idea what to say about the three following Spider Women, Julia Carpenter, and Mattie Franklin, along with some other woman who was a villain. The biggest problem was most of the plots were forgettable and honestly most of her villains were laughable, and not in the amusing kinda way, but that's not the case with today's villain, who has to be the craziest god damn villain anyone ever made. Or at least in the top ten. I'm not going to deny the fact he's fucking lame, but god damn his lameness is what makes him memorable. I am, of course, speaking about Turner D. Century!

                                                                                  

Turner D. Century is a crazy ass motherfucker who was a chauffeur's son named Clifford F. Michaels. His parents end up dying and he's taken in by this old guy who looks like a potato. The guy, Morgan McNeil Hardy was a crazy son of a bitch who hated the present day and wanted it to be like the Turn of the Century (which is where Turner got his name if you can't fucking tell). Turner D. Century had no superpowers but he did have a umbrella that shot flames and a flying Tandem bicycle (on the back of the bicycle rode a dummy dressed up as a woman from the World War I era. I told you this guy was crazy!) So Turner D. Century's plan is to destroy young people and their culture, and he does this by blowing the shit out of everything and being a racist jerk!

This isn't much of a issue review to be serious but the issue itself is pretty routine, this post is really just a tribute to the greatest lame supervillain ever. I love you Turner D. Century!

No comments:

Post a Comment