Saturday, October 9, 2010

Monster In My Pocket (1991)

                                                                              

I should start out this review saying, I never played with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and had no idea that shitty NES game was based on a toyline for a long time. I also never played with Monster in My Pocket either, which were similar to M.U.S.C.L.E. I have no idea why I didn't but yes, someone born between 1980 and 1985 didnt play with M.U.S.C.L.E., crazy, I know! Still even if you never played with either Monster in my Pocket or M.U.S.C.L.E., you gotta admit Konami made a damn fine game based off this series of toys I didn't know existed (to be fair, I would probably have played the hell out of those toys had I knew about them!)

                                                                            

I think this game, good as it is, is one of the weaker Konami titles. It's down there near the bottom of the list, were I to list Konami games for the NES. But to be fucking fair,  Konami made great games, not only Contra and Super C and the CastleVania games, but Tiny Toon Adventures, Bucky O Hare, the TMNT games, Goonies II, seriously, compared to those games pretty much any game is trash, but even though it's a lesser konami title, it still kicks the shit out of your ass.

                                                                            

The game like pretty much every other Konami title boasts great music, sound effects and graphics, pretty damn good level designs. Neat bosses. (I love the Kraken boss), and it is pretty fun, which is the most important part of a game in the end. The only real problem with this game is that it is way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way WAY too easy. This is totally on the top 10 easiest games on the NES along with Felix the Cat and Wacky Races, but to be fair, they are great games to get beginners hooked on NES! (we all started somewhere right?)

This is a pretty good game and if I recall correctly it's pretty cheap too! so I'd give it a whirl.. I mean it's Konami and when was the last time Konami let you down??

No comments:

Post a Comment