Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spider Man: Return of the Sinister Six (1992)

                                                                               
I don't know if I mentioned it before (mostly because I forget about what I wrote 10 seconds after I write it) but Spider Man may be my favorite superhero of all time. I fucking love everything about him. The character, his corny jokes, his supporting cast (J. Jonah Jameson 4 lyfe son!) and his rouges gallery. Yes, those classic baddies Spider Man fights. from Electro to Venom I love them all. I even love the fucking Hypno Hustler. And I think I'm one of the three people who love that lame black disco asshole, but that's a story for another time, today we will be talking about Spider Man: Return of the Sinister Six for the NES.

                                                                               

Yes, I know our lord and savior the Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed this game and told everyone that they must hate it, but don't you fuckers realize he's a joke character and not serious?!? Like what the christ? Who knows how James Rolfe the guy who created the nerd really feels about this game anyway? Also who the hell cares? Shit, I even like the AVGN but I don't give a shit if he likes this game or not. Yes, this game has some really weird control issues (which aren't too bad when you get used to it) Yes, the one life thing is fucking annoying (despite that the game isn't even that hard) and the bosses are kinda pussies. Seriously these are some of the greatest foes in all of comic book land and you can easily just sit next to them and hit punch. That's stupid! Goddamn fucking stupid!

                                                                             

Despite those flaws, the game has its good points. The graphics are decent, not great but decent. The level design is neat, in most levels you have to find something to move on. Like Sunglasses in Mysterio's stage. I also like the fact that the Vulture flies after you and tries to kill you during his stage, that was a really neat touch. The music isn't great but it's decent enough, also if you are sick of getting your ass kicked by other games than this one is pretty easy, breazy, beautiful....okay I don't know why I made that terrible, terrible joke. But if you are looking for a game that's easy this is the one for you, despite the fact you only get one life. It only took me like 2 or 3 days of playing to beat it. Not hard at all. Still I kinda wish they had done better boss battles but what can you do.

Maybe It's my love of the webslinger that's coming out here, but I think this is a decent game. It's no Maximum Carnage for the SNES / Genesis, but it's also better than that awful game based around the 1990s cartoon. Holy jesus that was a turd of a video game, made me so angry as a child! ANGRY! uh... okay before I get off track again I'll just say this. This game deserves a good second chance. I hated it for a long time too until I actually sat down and played it through. It's not perfect,  but I think it's a solid title.

No comments:

Post a Comment