Thursday, January 6, 2011

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (1994)





 I am not like most NES fans in the fact that I mourned the end of the console. For well one reason in 1994 I was way too busy playing my Super NES to care that the NES was dead as a doornail. I think 9 years is a good run for a console (hell If I recall correctly the system stayed alive for a few more years in Japan. Hell they are still making NES pirates in random countries all over the world so in a way the NES is still kinda alive!) Also The second fact is that the NES had 770 or so games released in North America, along with about 30 or so only released in Europe. That's 800 games. That's enough games to keep you occupied for a very long time. And to be honest they will never re-release the NES because simply it wont make them any money. So be happy you get your Virtual Consoles and totally radical new 8-bit Mega Man games. Also the NES was pretty lucky as it went out with a bang not a whimper as two of the last three games were damn good. And the last game released (Sunday Funday) barely counts as it was just a shitty revamp of fucking Menace Beach anyway I've talked enough about this for now so lets get to today's game.

                                                                              

Zoda's Revenge is the first and sadly only sequel to Star Tropics (ARE YOU LISTENING NINTENDO? I WANT STARTROPICS 3 FOR THE WII!)  Star Tropics was one of my favorite games when I was a kid and I'm glad to see that many other people enjoy both the original game and the sequel. I also have to say that even if this game was a pile of shit I'd still love it, because I love stories that deal with Time Travel, weither in books, movies or video games. It's just something I love, but there are other reasons to love Zoda's Revenge. The decent music, the pretty good graphics, the good gameplay, the controls that have been improved from the original (as much as I like that game I do think the controls in it are very damn wonky) and fun entertaining dungeons with really neat boss monsters!

                                                                                 
Again, I don't have much to say about this game as there aren't many flaws in my mind. It's just simply a great game and if you enjoyed Star Tropics you need to give Zoda's Revenge a shot. It's a pretty easy game to pick up and is worth it. I'm still mad they didn't make Super Star Tropics. Damn you Nintendo! And with this review my weird review a game starting with the 26 letters of the alphabet is over. We had some laughs, we had some tears but overall it really kinda sucked and I probably won't be doing it again. Or at least pick a game I want to review instead of some fucking shitty ass sports game. Fuck sports games... uhh... where was I? Oh yeah. Go get Zoda's Revenge.
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment