Monday, November 1, 2010

Bad Street Brawler (1987)

                                                                                 
This game was supposed to work with the Power Glove... which is a good way to realize you shouldn't have bought this game in the first place. I don't have the Power Glove but I've heard its pretty stupid and bad (to be fair I do want a Power Glove just because its a piece of Nintendo history not because it's any good) and this game doesn't work very well with the regular Controller, I don't see how it would work any better with a hunk of shit like the Power Glove (also someone at my local flea market was selling it in box for 80 bucks. That shit aint worth that much, and don't give me that OH ITS IN THE BOX shit, I'm not a big NintendoAge loser who needs everything in the box, I mean I lose the damn box. Also the box looked like some dog tore the shit out of it, seriously. If I wanted the box I'd want it to look a bit better than it did, well pointless rant over with!)

                                                                                         

Programmed by Beam Software (who did most of LJNs titles like Back to the Future) and published by Mattel (who sold Nintendo game systems in Europe and I think parts of Canada for Nintendo. Betcha didnt know that!) is to be quite honest a bad game, but I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say, like Seanbaby put the thing on his worst Nintendo games list. I don't think it's that bad, of course there's games on his list I actually like, but we will get to them when we get to them. It's Bad Street Brawler time!

                                                                                  

Another interesting thing I found out about this game is that it was on a bunch of other consoles like the Amiga, the Commodore 64 and MS-DOS. I haven't played any of those versions so I don't know if they are any good but the NES version has a lot of flaws that make it a overall pretty crummy game. First off the controls are not very good, the up button on the control pad makes your character jump, UNlike A or B in like every other game. The only other game I can think of that did that was Trojan, and even though I did like that game it was pretty annoying there. The game in each level gives you two moves, which is actually a neat idea, sadly only one of the two moves are worth it, making it a waste of time to even use the other shittier move, and some of the moves take too much time to pull off (like the Stooge punch in level 3) and the enemies can come around and fuck your shit up. Also the music isn't very good. One thing I will say is that I like the games weird attempt at comedy. The guy you play as is very silly looking, the moves you get are very silly. The enemies are very silly (gorillas, midgets, crazy punk guys) which makes it pretty unique, sadly it just isn't very fun. The graphics are honestly pretty good.

This game reminds me of a really bad Youtube video in which a guy would keep calling the Bad Street Brawler a faggot over and over while saying he didnt have any problem with gays, kinda weird huh. Of course thats what I get for watching Youtube game reviews, seeing as most of them are about as funny as the Family Circus. Still the guy was correct in one thing, Bad Street Brawler is not a very well made video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment