Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game (1990)





A big reason why I still love these games is because of nostaliga. It's not the only reason, because I do like a lot of games a whole lot that I never knew even existed as a kid (like the original Contra and Super C... I thought that series started on the SNES...yes I was dumb) anyway I am a goddamn whore for nostaliga and those halcyon days of yore, and there is nothing that brings me back faster than someone mentioning something that had to do with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, sure I watched more television as a kid than anyone should ever allow,  but they were always my favorite. For crying out loud I wanted to name my baby sister April, that or Baby X. BUT NO MY PARENTS HAD TO GO WITH SOME LAME NAME. damnit.

                                                                             

Anyway, I loved all 3 of the TMNT games that they put out for the NES. And Turtles in Time for the SNES (I'll get to reviewing SNES games one day, maybe. I hope.) But yes, these games gave me some great times as a kid, and holy heaven are still fun today! That's right I'm even including the original TMNT game in with the others. I do think thats a bonafide NES classic. And anyone who cant beat the damn dam stage is a wuss. That's right. I said it. Now today we shall be taking a look at the first sequel to the NES game which is a port of the arcade game (which if i recall correctly I NEVER got to play as a kid. That's right. I never got to play it till I was at least a teenager, and that's a god damn shame) and this port has two extra levels!

                                                                             

Maybe I'm biased but I actually like this port more than the original arcade game, maybe it's the nostalgia or what not, but I actually get more enjoyment out of this game than the arcade game. I'm not saying the arcade game was a piece of shit, no, it was pretty damn good too, just I like this version more. I think it's the sweet lookin polar bear in one of the new levels. He's got one smooth ass leather jacket!. Anyway, let's get to the game. Anyway I think everything about this game is pretty fun, great graphics, good music, great level design (I fuckin love that snow level) and great 2-player fun (still a hoot even with one player). I don't really have anything bad to say about this game. It's just a fun little timewaster.

They are still making TMNT games but I haven't played any of them and frankly I don't really care too. They are all based on that new cartoon that I don't care about. Damnit, I like my turtles cartoon to be as goddamn corny as humanly possible. Don't try to make something as goofy as TMNT serious. That's no good! Ya morons!

No comments:

Post a Comment