Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I love you, Rainbow Raider!

                                                                              
Today we are going to be talking about yet another comic related thing, and as you can tell from the picture above it is not going to be the third part of that Spider Man story. I'll get to that whenever the hell I feel like it you got a problem with that punk? No, today we are going to talk about the greatest shitty supervillian of all time, I am of course speaking of, Roy G. Bivolo, the Rainbow Raider. (Who is a one man gay pride parade!) Created by a crazy son of a bitch by the name of Cary Bates (I'm not joking about the crazy part either, seriously read some of the man's stories. Dude was nuts, but in a totally awesome way!) and artist Don Heck. He first appeared in Flash #286 in 1980 and went straight to the top! and by that I mean the top of the Z-Listers list!

His real name is Roy G. Bivolo and yes it's a pun on the acronym "ROYGBIV" (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, pronounced roy-gee-bihv) (thanks wikipedia you help out lazy assholes like myself every day!) and Roy has a very sad backstory, and by sad I mean goddamn hilarious. Yes you see, Roy wanted to be a painter but HE WAS COLOR BLIND! yes, roy couldnt see any of the beautiful colors we all take for granted! His dad an optometrist wanted to create something that would cure his son's color blindness but instead only created something EVIL! what his dad created were goggles that could create beams of soild color! WHICH ROY THAN USED FOR EVIL! to get back at us for being able to see colors! and not liking his shitty art!

Roy had some actually pretty cool powers thanks to his dad's goggles, he could create soild beams of light to escape from crimes, and he could also use his powers by dousing a person in a beam of light, each color of the rainbow causing different emotions. Like red would cause you to get angry and blue would cause you to shoot yourself in the head. I take everything back, the Rainbow Raider is a goddamn badass motherfucker.

Sadly, some random supervillian I've never heard of killed Rainbow Raider in a comic I never read! One day though, he will return! THIS I SWEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment