Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Three Stooges (1987)

                                                                              
                                                                             
I love the Three Stooges. I love Moe. I love Curly. I love Larry. I even love that wily goober Shemp. I do not love Curly Joe though. No one liked him, if you liked Curly Joe, well then fuck you and go to hell. Seriously. Jerk. Anyway, like everything that was even somewhat famous during the NES days, it got a NES game. Yes. The Three Stooges got a NES game. And oddly enough it's actually pretty awesome. At least I like it, Piss off. Anyway let's get this horrible pile of shit review over with! And I apologize in advance for putting the Three Stooges on my blog. SORRY FELLAS.

                                                                               

Anyway, The Three Stooges for the NES.... is NOT a platformer! yes... that's right... A game based around a license that isn't a platformer. I'm so glad I don't have to write the words "is a platformer" for this game... even though I just did right there. Anyway The Three Stooges is a game with a bunch of mini games, all of which I think are pretty fun, although some are better than others. I think this game boasts some pretty decent graphics for its age (which would be the late 1980s... I don't know when the NES port was released but the game itself dates back to 1987.) Anyway, this game actually has a decent plot for a licensed title, the Three Stooges have to save an orphange by collecting money, which was probably something those wily goofs did at one time, it's not like I've seen every fucking Three Stooges short out there.

                                                                                   

Another added bonus is that most of the mini games DO come from shorts, which is a neat thing to make games out of. The Boxing game was a short, and so was the hospital one. I, again, don't know if every game was based around a short but I do know a good few were. The game honestly has pretty good music and sounds, although Curly's yell in the Oyster game would seriously wake the fucking dead. Seriously, I'm sure that sound chip is used by Satanists to wake the dead. Anyway, the best part of this game is that it controls pretty well I think. The only thing I can say that I don't like is the fact that it's pretty goddamned hard to get all the money to save the orphanage.

Anyway, I just feel this is a unique, neat, nice little title. Even if you don't like the Three Stooges it should be a fun game to own, and if you do like the Three Stooges, then even if you don't like the game you at least have a good conversation piece. Everyone loves Nintendo! Except jerks!

No comments:

Post a Comment