Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Simpsons: Bart Vs. The World (1991)

                                                                               
Making a good video game sequel, I think, isn't as hard as making a good movie sequel. With a video game you can easily just take out everything that didn't work in the original game and add in new things that you think are intresting. Take Mega Man 1 for example, it's a pretty good game but Mega Man 2 is even better. Gone are all the problems of Mega Man 1, like the glitches and stuff and new things are added like the items and the E-Tanks. What I'm saying is that you can make a good video game sequel pretty easily if you give a shit, but Imaigneering didn't give a shit about this piss poor sequel to a game that wasn't even good to begin with.

                                                                               
Remember all the flaws that Bart Vs. the Space Mutants had? The kinda off graphics, the terrible, horrible controls and some of the worst jumps in the history of the NES. Well, guess what kids!? Bart Vs. the World has those same god damn problems, and they are even worse. More of the characters look off now, it's hard to explain but they just look even shittier than before, maybe it was the fact they actually had an outline in the last game but none here. Unless I'm remembering wrong, I blocked everything out of my memory about that game after I beat it. Yes, I wasted hours of my time beating that shitty game. And I'm going to waste more hours of my time trying to beat THIS shitty game. The jumps in this game are even worse, seriously, you have to get DEAD CENTER of each and every fucking platform when you make a jump or its bye bye Bartie! I don't know about you, but it's goddamn annoying to get 11 lives in the first two worlds just to lose them all when you cant make a fucking jump. And it's even more annoying when you see yourself falling through the platforms you SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ON





The only positive I can think of is that the music has improved, offering different songs then just the Simpsons tune (which was admittly done pretty well in Bart Vs the Space Mutants but shouldn't have been the only fucking song in the game) Also I want to give a hearty FUCK YOU to any game designers who put in bad endings in there games and had you do something crazy to get them... seriously, it was annoying in a good game like Bubble Bobble, so if I wouldnt let Bubble Bobble get away with it why the hell would I let Bart Vs the World get away with it?

I personally believe that you should not give any of the three Simpsons platformers a shot, but it seems that theres a small miniorty of gamers who enjoy these games despite all of their flaws, so in the end it's all up to you if you decide to play this game. If they cause you to lose your hair and go insane from the stress they cause, don't blame me. I warned you. I WARNED ALL OF THEM.                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment