Saturday, November 14, 2020

Freaky (2020

 


Woah! Two actual updates in one day (let's be real the Disney post thing isn't an update) I don't think I ever did that but I figure from now on whenever I watch a movie I'll blab my thoughts about it here so this blog will be a directionless mess where I just talk about whatever the hell I want too. Anyway, I had heard about this movie in September I believe from some upcoming horror movies site and I thought it was a grand old idea.

You know Freaky Friday (and Vice Versa, and Like Father Like Son, and 18 Again and Clearly Attempting to Make the Word Count On this Review Higher) is a movie about a body swap but it's a WILD COMEDY OF ERRORS AND ANTICS, well this movie is a body swap movie that's a horror film! Well, with lots of comedy in it (one thing I like about horror is how well it can mesh with other genres) and I have a feeling if the guy who didn't do the Happy Death Day movies this movie probably wouldn't work as well but I probably wouldnt have watched it if he didnt because those Happy Death Day movies were great.

The plot is the Blissville Butcher (played by Vince Vaughn) is out hunting and killing people and steals a dagger from some his victims. This is the powerful macguffin these movies usually have, and he uses it on poor ol' Millie, a nerdy weirdo in High School who's Mother doesn't want her to leave home because her Dad died a year ago. The Blissville Butcher stabs her and BLAMMO we get them both changing bodies, and the race is on to stab The Butcher as Millie before 24 hours are up! 

You get what you want from a horror comedy which is some neat scares and some wild ass murder scenes! and also laughs! Millies gay friend is literally from 1987 but I don't care because he was the greatest character in this film. Everyone in the film does a really terrific job at the acting thing and the pace moves at a good speed which is what you want from a popcorn horror/comedy like this.

I don't think its worth rushing out to see because uh of the whole pandemic thing but dang when it comes to video you should give this a watch. Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment